Sunday, July 22, 2018

Chapter 22 - More Content To Follow & The Internet


I do want you to know there is so much more content to follow. I just wanted to get this out there to find the right team to make this happen. From an agent, to a producer, whomever might help see this project to fruition. I have so much dialogue and character development to go. I have multiple notebooks of information. I will add it as time allows, and as I can sort it out in a productive manner. Thank you for your interest and patience! E1. dk.

Round One of postcards go out tomorrow, the first day LEO!
.
Round One of postcards - DONE!

Round Two - tomorrow!

So I bought my first personal computer in 1998. I will will always love Windows 98! And, I will always be fond of AOL - especially Love At Aol. The net being so new, it was so easy to talk to people live online, and to meet them in person. Trust me, 1998 was way different than it is today. Or, maybe I was just younger... I am not sure. Anyways, I met a lot of cool women online, and had some amazing times. These will be covered in the greatest love story ever, here on this blog! I purchased my computer from a Southerner named Jim. It was kind of generic I guess, and was one he rebuilt. it worked quite good for my purposes, 1 - email, and 2 - browsing the net, and of course... 3 - AOL. I believe I paid him $200.

I remember one time sitting at my computer with a friend of mine... and we were cursing the net... and all of a sudden we came to a website that was all in Chinese. I turned to Lindsay, and with a very serious face I asked her - how is your Chinese? It was a funny moment. One example here of the newness of the world wide web.

During this time period I spent a lot of time on the net. I read, and I studied, and I learned a lot. I built my first website with Front Page, and I started buying domain names. I think ExponentialOne.com, Exponential1.com, and TheManTheMythTheLegend.com were among the first. I remember walking into the office at Don's one day, and Frank M. says to me... Dave Koenig, the man, the myth, the legend... and I went home that night and bought it. Only one person can be themanthemythelegend.com, and that is me. Many say it is too long to worth anything, but I disagree. It is a brand name, that if marketed properly, could be worth something significant. Only time will tell. I would not mind selling it to fund my writing projects.

June of 1999 Napster was born. That was fun too! Building your own personal library of music for free. Not legal, but fun. People would build libraries with 1000's of songs. And it took awhile as well without the blazing high speeds we see today.

No comments:

Post a Comment