Monday, September 5, 2016

Chapter Two - Training


Early January 1998 I went to work at ACE from like 8am to noon. It was actually plenty of time to effectively work my Montgomery Wards Portfolio (those m'er f'ers!). At noon I journeyed upstairs to New Strategies. I signed it, and they led me to a conference room. It was full! About twenty people would be in my class. Tim Wilson got things started by having us go around the room, introducing ourselves and giving a few words. I don't remember what I said, but I am sure I got a laugh. I have always tried harder.

Training was under way next. We spent that morning watching the TV Show Making Money. Watching an overhead presentation. Listening to a couple of speakers and more. Lunch followed. McDonalds was across the street. That worked for me.

After lunch we were all given 3 ring binders with scripts, rebuttals and such to study. We were told to pair up, and then read it to each other. After an hour, a Manager, Ray Valenzuela (Ray V). He talked more about a little bit of everything. He then said he was gonna give us another hour. Switch partners. Read the script. Offer up objections. Provide rebuttals, etc. He said we were going to go live tomorrow. So work hard until 4pm, then head home. Get some rest, and be ready for your debut!

No comments:

Post a Comment