Monday, May 21, 2018

Chapter 13 - Day Two


Started the day at ACE at 8am. Journeyed upstairs at noon for Round Two of New Strategies. I was surprised and quite excited when I found that I had my own desk now - loaded with everything that I would need. I felt quite VIP like. The new people that made it from my class all met in the conference room with Ray V and Tim W, where we were congratulated. They then delivered an update on what happened yesterday, explaining how some made it, and some did not. Then they fielded questions.

We were then given red Sharpies and some fresh recycled purple leads. We were not yet ready for the freshy fresh leads. They would come later. The red pen meant two things. One - every sale was reviewed by Quality Services. Two - we could not sign up for weekend Inbound until we graduated to a black Sharpie. The Sharpies were also used to write on the white cassette sales tapes, where we would write our name, customer name, dollar amount, date and side A or B.

Our schedule was from noon to 8pm, though the Morning Inbound people arrived around 6am. I sat there for a bit, soaking up the aura of my new home, and listening to those around me pitch the 900 Line Business. It was very exciting!

Finally, I picked up the phone, and called my first lead - no one there. I flew through all my leads without getting a live body on the phone. At that point I took a break, as I did not want to call them all back 20 minutes later. Then I listened to some more of my neighbors pitch, and I could see then writing up sales, and getting their numbers on the board. I watched Al F go to the board over and over and over. He was on Morning Inbound, and I wanted to by like Al. That was my goal, to one day beat Al F. He constantly put up 3 to 4000 on the board each day. This meant a pretty good size paycheck I soon learned.

I did manage a couple of pitches that day, and though I knew they were not hot to trot - I used the opportunity to practice my pitch, so to become more fluent with the sales script. At the end of the day, Tim W came up to me and said that I sounded pretty good, and not to be concerned about no sales that day. He said I was on the right track, and that he was confident I could become one of the best he has ever hired. I smiled and said thank you... I appreciate that. I will be back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment