Sunday, May 20, 2018

Chapter 5 - The Opening Pitch


I took my seat. Put the 14 minute 'Let's Rock' cassette tape in the player. Next I hit 'record' on the other player (all sales were recorded and forwarded to Quality Services for review). Then I dial the number on the lead. What... no answer... damn... on to the next lead. I probably dialed four or five leads until I got a live voice. Then I read the script. I don't have the actual script, but it goes a lot like this. At least in my mind.

Hello, may I speak to Ron please?
Yes, this is Ron.

Ron, hello... this is David Koenig from the TV Show Making Money. How are you today?

Well good, what's this all about?

Well Ron, I see awhile back you watched our show on TV and ordered the Making Money Package. Have you had a chance to go through it all yet?

No. No, it's still sitting on my desk waiting for me to get to it. I did have a couple people call me to discuss it, but they always called me at a bad time.

Oh, well I am sorry to hear that. I am hoping my timing is better today. Do you have just a few minutes to talk about it a bit?

Well, yeah... I do need to do something with it. My job is really slowing down. And as I get older, I would like to build something of my own.

Great! I really appreciate you taking the time to listen. I do believe that you will be quite excited once you have a full understanding of our company. Would you grab a pen an paper please? I want you to write down my name and number, so that YOU know who YOU are talking to.

Sure, just a moment please... OK, I am back.

Awesome! My name is David Kay-nig, that is David... Kay-nig, K O E... N I G. And my number is 1 800 DON LAPRE, that is 1 800... DON LAPRE - Lapre is L A P R E - got it?

Yup!

Excellent!

First of all Ron, I want to congratulate you on taking the steps to change your situation. We both know if you do nothing, nothing will be the result. Obviously, there are things in life you would like to acquire, am I right?

Oh yeah, for sure!

Awesome! Now the MMP is going to teach you the world of Marketing. How to advertise something. It is the story of how Don Lapre got to be where he is today. Now, let me ask you this question... what are you going to advertise... what is your product that you would like to market to the world?

Well... I am not sure. I guess I was just looking for ideas. I want to be my own boss. I want to be in control of my own future. I don't want to have to depend on anyone else.

Absolutely! I understand. You know, many of our clients are in the same boat. They want more in life, but they do not know to acquire it. And that is why Don has put together some products that are really doing well right now. And I am here today to tell you about then, in case they might parallel your goals in life. Do you still have that pen and paper handy>

Yes I do!

Perfect, now I am going to play a short audio tape for you, right over the phone. I want you to take notes, write down your questions, and then I will be back when he is done to answer anything else you may want to know.

OK, thank you David!

You are quite welcome Ron. Now... here comes... Don Lapre!

START THE 14 MINUTE 'LET'S ROCK' TAPE

No comments:

Post a Comment